Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mafia!

Holy smokes!  Let me tell all of my bloggership (all 4 of you) about an amazing island just south of Zanzibar so that the next time you find yourself in Tanzania, you get your self to this island.  And that would be, subject line spoiler alert, Mafia Island.

So I was in Tanzania again for work which is pretty great (although the work we were doing was the antithesis of sexy).  What is sexy?  Mafia Island.  Pimp airplane, check.  Gorgeous beach, check. Safari, oh yes.  Read on.

Right so the pimp flight - check it out.  I think my phone photos do a really great job capturing all that went on during the 32 minute flight from Dar Es Salaam to Mafia Island.

Plane:

 Inside plane:

Outside plane:


 Arrivals Terminal:
 Views from beach:
Pure joy:

And we even did a day trip where we went to sand bar...

Private Dow:




An amazing detail - there were four of us who went on this little excursion (we were all in TZ from Washington).  And three of us were named Emily.  There was also a Jessica.  But literally, 3 Emily's.  You can imagine.

Safari - fear not, I wouldn't tell you a lie.  Video evidence:




No comments: