Sunday, August 19, 2007

I heart food stuffs

While I take nsima and beans everyday at lunch (post on its way...), here's a little peek into what I cook and eat at my small mansion house. Let's start with this really delicious veggie and rice combo I made the other night.
Doesn't it look so good? And 100% vegetarian--right on.

Even though I make my own food so well (proof above), I really like to cook with other people. Most of the time, Joe (my roommate) and I cook together. We made apple pie last week, see.
And while we're on dessert, this is my favorite...
I make it from scratch and here's the recipe: one banana, nutella spread on top and almonds (place like you would for ants on a log). If the recipe and above photo isn't tempting enough, check out the pure joy it brings.
The other night we made my absolute favorite meal: veggie dumplings. We made the dough from scratch and then forced the dinner guests to make their own dumplings.
The whole process takes a while, but learning is what really matters. Aussie John made the worst ones because he's used to only working with knives and crocodiles. Not surprising, mine were 100% awesome. In the picture below you can probably tell who made which ones (hint: John's is that second one from the bottom).
I actually felt badly for making fun of Aussie John's freakish dumplings so I gave him the biggest dessert.
Oh and to leave on such a great note, I found tofu in Lilongwe! I've been eating a lot of beans and veggies, but craving some other options.
Three words: pure tofu joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was that rice and veggie combo really insect larvae?