Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Garden + Red Couch + Plumber + Department of Energy =....

Yet ANOTHER blog post!  How excited are you that I'm back on my bloggy blog horse?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  

So here are 4 aspects of my life that I've been meaning to share with the world through the internets.

1.  We have a really nice garden.  In this first shot I'm playing with an African Wildcat in this very said garden.


Anyway, every night we go out and pick basil or arugula for salads - it rules.  And something(s) really nice have "bloomed" in the last few days - check it:  

Yeah, that's a big eggplant.  I'm really excited - we're going to make some eggplant parm this weekend with that sucker plus a little basil, onion, and some tomatoes from the market - you get the picture.  

2.  We have a really red couch.  I'm not even just saying that - it's completely true.

This is where and how I do most of my blogging in case you were curious.

3.  So I was walking around our neighborhood last weekend and I found out that we live right near an expert plumbers office.  Perhaps I missed the sign in the past, but fortunately for you, I had my camera with me: (despite sign's claim, plumber somehow missing)


4.  In my former life I worked at the Department of Energy.  In many ways the DOE was a truly magical place.  Never in my life have I been in the presence of so many white walls, fluorescent lights, space heaters, photos of kids playing with coal, and really, truly awesome folk (I'm looking at you PA&E).  Anyway, in many ways I feel that life is very far away...that is, until I walk into the market in Lilongwe and see this:

That's it for me tonight.  More sharing in the near future because, my friends, sharing is caring.

2 comments:

Katie said...

emily + blogging + green thumbs + energy = lots of laughs from me

Unknown said...

Hey Emily! FYI, the kids playing with coal picture is gone. It's been replaced with a super fancy display of fossil science (steaming rocks). How was the eggplant?